I never knew what a religious spirit was until I had several personal encounters with people that had one. I can only describe feeling of being stressed and uneasy when I was around these people. Often these people want to be the center of attention.
Often times these people will put on a show of good Christian values, but then you get a feeling of “something just isn’t right here”. Here’s a few examples of what I am talking about:
- Falsely accuse someone of being possessed by Satan himself.
- Tell people that only a certain version of the bible is the only true bible you can refer to.
- Spread gossip about people sharing prophecy.
- I also have noticed that many of these types have “control” issues. They will try and take control of all conversations and pretty much everyone and everything around them.
- They will try and tell you “how to pray” instead of guiding you to be lead by the Holy Spirit in all things.
- Concentration on speaking in tongues. Many will try and tell you that your salvation has to be “activated” and kept active by speaking in tongues when around other Christians.
- Some will try and convince you that false man’s doctrine is the only way to go. Examples: Prosperity, Pre-Tribulation Rapture, etc.
- They blame everyone else on their failures, instead of taking things to the Lord in prayer.
- Some may imply that you are going to hell, because you won’t agree with them.
- They enjoy stirring things up by sowing seeds of discord and then they stand back and say “Did I Do That?”. Almost everyone that does this gets angry at the person they are tossing stuff at, because their targeted True Christian will not allow game-playing.
We need to pray for these people along with all those who still need salvation.
What The Scripture Says About Speaking In Tongues – 1:14 Corinthians
Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather so that ye may prophesy. 2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God, for no man understandeth him, however it may be that in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. 3 But he that prophesieth, speaketh unto men for edification and exhortation and comfort. 4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself, but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
5 I would that ye all spoke with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied; for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, unless he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
13 Therefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also; I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
16 Else, when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say “Amen” at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest? 17 For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified. 18 I thank my God that I speak with tongues more than ye all. 19 Yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue. 20 Brethren, be not children in understanding. Nonetheless, in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21 In the law it is written: “With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that they will not hear Me,” saith the Lord. 22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe, but to those who believe not; but prophesying serveth not those who believe not, but those who believe.
23 If therefore the whole church come together into one place and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are unlearned or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not or is unlearned, he is convinced by all and is judged by all, 25 and thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God and report that God is in you in truth. 26 How is it then, brethren? When ye come together every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.
27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two or at the most by three, and then in turn, and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church, and let him speak to himself and to God.
29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge. 30 If anything be revealed to another who sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. 31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be comforted. 32 The spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets,
33 for God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as it is in all churches of the saints.
Sowing Seeds Of Discord: https://jcsouthwest.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/sewing-seeds-of-discord/
Please consider this dream/blog post from my sister Linda: https://believeacts2blog.wordpress.com/2015/08/16/8-16-15-dream-you-cant-reason-with-the-religious-spirit/
10 Sure Signs You Have A Religious Spirit: http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/the-pulse/48035-10-sure-signs-you-have-a-religious-spirit