- Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
- Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor’s.
Jewish Tradition states that Sabbath starts at Sunset on Friday evening and ends at Sunset on Saturday evening. Sunday was never designated as Sabbath in the bible, The Catholic church changed the definition of Sabbath. Side note — when I was in Tel Aviv, Israel back in 2000 for a computer training assignment, I noticed that they worked from Sunday thru Thursday — not like most who work from Monday thru Friday. Sunday is the start of the work week according to Jewish Tradition.
Things The Lord Hates (Proverbs 6)
These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Righteous Teachings In Scripture
(All sins can be forgiven when we repent, except those against the Holy Spirit — “Giving Satan praise/credit for something the Lord did or proclaiming “thus sayeth the Lord”, when the Lord was not part of it!.)
- Marriage between one man and one woman. Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whore-mongers and adulterers God will judge. 1 Corinthians 7: Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
- Adultery (Seventh Commandment) Thou shalt not commit adultery. Cheating on your spouse or someone else’s.
- Beastiality (Exodus 22:19): Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.
- Bearing False Witness (Ninth commandment) Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. Example: “That person is a witch, drunk, …etc.”.
- Covet what someone else has or crave for something that is not yours (Tenth Commandment) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor’s.
- Divorce (Matthew 5) 31 “It has also been said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife is to give her a certificate of divorce’ 32 but I say to you that whoever divorces his wife, except on grounds of sexual immorality, causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who has been divorced commits adultery.
- Evil/Wicked Plans (Proverbs 6)
- Gossip (Proverbs 16:28) Example “Hey, did you hear what this person said or did?”.
- Hatred (Proverbs 10) Hatred awakens contention, but love covers all transgressions.
- Homosexuality (Leviticus 20:13):
“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”
- Honor thy Father and Mother (Fifth Commandment) “Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.”
- Idolatry (second commandment) — this says no images of things in heaven, earth or in the sea. (that would include such things as Images of Jesus, Crosses, Angels, Saints in the Bible, Christmas Trees/Decorations or anything that one could use for worship instead of going directly to Jesus.
- Lying (Proverbs 6:17) “Lying Tongues”
- Lust (1 John 2:16) “For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.”
- Mischief (Proverbs 6)
- Murder (Sixth commandment) “Thou shalt not kill.”
- Pride (Proverbs 6)
- Pedophilia 1 John 2:16 Everything that is in the world—the craving for whatever the body feels, the craving for whatever the eyes see and the arrogant pride in one’s possessions—is not of the Father but is of the world.
- Prostitution – Harlot(female prostitutes) & Sodomites(male prostitutes) Deuteronomy 23 – 16 “He shall dwell with you in your midst wherever he chooses in one of your towns where it pleases him best. You shall not defraud or oppress him. 17 There shall be no cult prostitute among the daughters of Israel, neither shall there be a cult prostitute (a sodomite) among the sons of Israel.”
- Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28) “However, if a man meets a girl who isn’t engaged to be married, and he seizes her, rapes her, and is later found out, 29 then the man who raped her must give 50 shekels of silver to the girl’s father. Furthermore, he must marry her. Because he violated her, he is to not divorce her as long as he lives.”
- Keeping the Sabbath Holy (Friday at Sunset to Saturday at Sunset) – Fourth Commandment “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.”
- Sex Outside Of Marriage (1 Corinthian 7:2) “Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.”
- Sorcery (Leviticus 19): 31 Do not resort to dead spirits or inquire of spirits of divination—you will be made unclean by them; I am the Lord your God.
- Sowing Seeds Of Discord (Proverbs 6)
- Stealing (Eighth Commandment) Thou shalt not steal.
- Taking The Name Of Lord in Vein (Third Commandment) Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Cuss Words with “God” or “Jesus” in them.
- Vanity (Psalm 119:37) “Turn my eyes away from worthless things; with your ways, give me life.”
- Worship Of False Gods (First Commandment) Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Examples: Pope, Catholic Saints, Egyptian Gods/Pharaohs, Greek/Roman Gods, Babylonian Gods, Norse Gods, American Indian Gods, Mayan Gods, Sumerian Gods, Asian Gods, African Gods, Canaanite Gods, Aztek Gods, Spanish Gods, Celtic Gods, Muhammad, Astrology/Horoscopes, etc.